The cover crop mix for vegetable and sugar beet cultivation.
- Freezes off reliably
- Creates ideal seedbed conditions
- Suits also for canola crop rotations
BetaMaxx is a balanced blend carefully selected for vegetable and sugar beet cultivation. Common vetch has a beneficial effect on soil bacteria, which protect plants from pathogens. BetaMaxx enables vegetables and beets to be grown the following year without plowing. The improves slowing accuracy and can reduce the incidence or forked roots in sugar beets. Early indications are that this mix can significantly increase sugar beet yields compared with using oil radish as a cover crop. BetaMaxx can also be used in combined canola and beet rotations because no cruciferous plants are included.
Note: In soils without a pea or vetch history, a pea vetch inoculant is recommended. The clovers in this mix are pre-inoculated.
- Grass-legume winter cover for Mid-Atlantic and South
- Prevents erosion
- Nutrient cash crop, deep root system
- Weed suppression
- Cover crop and/or forage use potential for fall and spring cutting or grazing