Exceed BMR Millet
Exceed BMR Millet continues to be a standout summer annual crop. High disease resistance, increased palatability, high yields and great regrowth combine to make it a top choice in the hybrid pearl millet category.
- Dwarfing gene increases leaf to stem ratios, improves standability, and adapts to heavier grazing pressure
- Excellent disease resistance package
- Rapid growth and regrowth
- Drought stress tolerant
- Extensive tillering capacity
- Extreme leafiness allows for faster dry-down for hay
- Flexible to various soil pH ranges; handles lower pH acidic soils
- Works well as part of a summer annual mix or in a straight stand for renovating pastures, before a new seeding of perennials.
Recovery After Cutting: Good
Leaf Disease Resistance: Excellent
Drought Tolerance: Excellent
- BMR gene technology for improved feed intake and digestibility
- Excellent forage producer with superior animal performance, enhanced rates of gain and milk yields per pound of forage produced
- No HCN or risk of prussic acid
- BMR gene technology reduces plant lignin content versus conventional pearl millet hybrids
- Low lignin content in the stems and leaves results in a highly digestible forage with improved nutritive quality
Mojo is Barenbrug USA’s new Yellow Jacket® Coated, improved crabgrass that thrives during the hot dry months. Crabgrass is a high quality, high yielding summer annual forage that is excellent for grazing and haying. This variety of crabgrass produces a highly digestible forage (up to 73% NDFd) and high crude protein content (25-30% early season; 15-20% mid-summer; 10% late season). Areas of adaption extend from Nebraska, south and east to the Gulf and Atlantic coasts. If your summer pasture has lost its appeal now is the time to get your mojo back!
- Drought tolerant
- Good summer production
- High quality summer forage.
- Easy doublecropping with cool season annual grasses and legumes.
- Self-reseeding if allowed to go to seed
- Widely adapted
- Plant after soils are 50 degrees and rising
- Seeding rate: 5-8 lbs/A, large box
- Depth: 1/4” on tightly packed soil
Speak to an expert at King’s AgriSeeds now at 1-717-687-6224 or email us at [email protected].