In support of the ROSE Project at Penn State University we are posting the latest edition of “The Rose Review” which is a periodic newsletter for the ROSE Project. The ROSE project stands for Reduced-Tillage Organic Systems Experiment; the research theme is “A Reduced-Tillage Toolbox: Alternative approaches for integrating cover crops and reduced tillage in an organic feed and forage system.”
This periodic newsletter highlights the research and extension activities associated with the project. This is a multi-disciplinary project, funded by the USDA’s Organic Research and Extension Initiative (OREI). It was initiated in the fall of 2014, and includes experiments located at the Russell E. Larson Research Center in Rock Springs, PA, as well as on three organic farms.
In this issue, we:
· Introduce the “Reduced-Tillage Toolbox”
· Introduce to new graduate students and staff working on the project
· Highlight graduate student research activities
· Report crop yield summaries for our first full growing season
· And, highlight extension field days held at our on-farm research locations
The ROSE Review: Winter 2015-2016
Speak to an expert at King’s AgriSeeds now at 1-717-687-6224 or email us at [email protected].