From Barenbrug, a simple addition to improve pasture profitability.
Red, White and Renew Frost Seeding on a regular basis will pay huge pasture improvement dividends now and for years to come.
- Frost seeding of Red, White, and Renew Clovers is the most economical practice to improve thinning pastures. It takes very little time and minimal expense if you act now and utilize gifts provided by Mother Nature.
- Red, White and Renew Clover Seed is a hard, dense, and durable legume seed that remains viable through extremely harsh conditions and cold temperatures. Freezing and thawing over the winter months causes a “honeycombing” effect which helps position the seed in the soil for spring germination. Think of it as “free tillage” provided by Mother Nature. All you have to do is broadcast the seed at a minimal 6-10 lbs per acre rate, and Mother Nature does the rest. (Broadcast spreaders work terrific and 4-wheeler spreaders work great for those difficult to reach pastures).
Red, White and Renew Clovers include:
- Alice – A large-leafed, persistent white clover
- Freedom! MR Premium Red Clover
- Regalgraze Ladino Clover
The benefits are huge:
- Barenbrug’s Red, White and Renew clovers exhibit high dry matter production.
- These clovers have been shown to fix up to 170 lbs of nitrogen per acre per year. That’s 680 units of nitrogen over 4 years. There is more…Red, White and Renew clovers will remain in the pasture and keep fixing nitrogen even beyond 4 years. You only have to pay for this nitrogen once when you buy Red, White and Renew legume clovers and take advantage of free nitrogen fixation provided by Mother Nature.
- University studies have shown significant increases in dry matter intake on fescue pastures frost seeded with Red, White and Renew clovers. Those animals grazing on Barenbrug’s Alice White Clover exhibited a 17-25% increase in weight gains over non-frost seeded pastures supplemented with a “costly” 170lbs of applied Nitrogen per acre! (see the comparison photo below)
- Red, White and Renew pastures are also helpful in negating the effect of toxic endophytes.
Visual effect of Red, White and Renew Pasture- Light Green was not frost seeded with Barenbrug clover. Dark green paddock was improved with Barenbrug’s Alice White clover via frost seeding.
Speak to an expert at King’s AgriSeeds now at 1-717-687-6224 or email us at [email protected].